Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Doing our part for the bees

I've always loved fields of sunflowers. It's one of the wonderful sites of late summer and early fall that make me smile. And, knowing that they attract bees is an added bonus, especially with the current plight of this creature that is so vital to the survival of all living beings.

Earlier this week I witnessed how the sunflowers and bees were really symbiotic as I watched them feed on the sunflowers growing in our garden. Every flower had at least one bee and many had two or more. The bees were all hard at work, doing their part for the plants.

Actually, I've been watching the bees all summer and seen them at work pollinating zucchini, cucumbers, and a wide variety of other plants and flowers. For some reason, though, the site of the yellow and black bodies on the sunflowers really brings it all home - how every bit of God's creation works together.

No comments:

Post a Comment